The Zebulon Chamber of Commerce seeks the good of the community and to be the voice of business. Joining and being an active member in your local Chamber of Commerce can boost your business and customer loyalty.
According to a 2012 research study by the Shapiro Group, “Being active in the local chamber of commerce is an effective business strategy. It communicates to consumers that a company uses good business practices, is reputable, cares about its customers, and is involved in its community.”
The survey of 2,000 adults showed the following:
- If a company shows that it is highly involved in its local chamber (e.g., sits on the chamber board), consumers are 10% more likely to think that its products stack up better against its competition.
- When a consumer thinks more favorably of a company because the company is highly involved in its local chamber of commerce, it is because he or she infers that the company is trustworthy and cares about its customers.
- When consumers know that a restaurant franchise is a member of the chamber of commerce, they are 68% more likely to eat at the franchise in the next few months.
- When consumers know that an insurance company is a member of the chamber of commerce, they are 36% more likely to think favorably of the company.
- When consumers know that a small business is a member of the chamber of commerce, they are 49% more likely to think favorably of it and 80% more likely to purchase goods or services from the company in the future.
The positive impacts of chamber membership have remained the same and even increased over time.
To read this study in full and learn more about the benefits of being a Chamber member, click here.